Re: Arizona whips

Looking forward to hear more about this! big_smile

Absolutely!

'Less is often more!'

Good weekend morning, everyone.  Robby was kind enough to send me a couple of screen tests of his video review of my Frankenwhip.  He said that because of the name, part of it will need to be black and white.  big_smile

https://i.imgur.com/fzJKMff.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/b9qn4uY.jpg

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Ha haa looking forward for this Craig!

B&W Frankenwhip video - brilliant!

I'll give it a try, Dad, but it's going to be really hard...kind of like trying to saw something in half using a banana.

Sounds perfect!

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
- Albert Einstein

That's going to be a fun video.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

And here it is:

https://youtu.be/TtaXKYpBEu0

I apologize for the delay, but - as you know - I had some health issues and so I'm a bit behind schedule. Anyway. This is an interesting concept but the whip needs a looooong time to break in. Trust me.

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Just wached it. Great work Robby and Craig!
In those pics Robby had on that video you really can see how beefy that its big_smile

Having fun with the green screen, Robby? big_smile big_smile:D

My Craig Frank whip, Sonoran Sunset, is an early prototype (I think) of the Frankenwhip and is a slow heavy beast too. It rolls out very nicely though (pulls a bit towards the right due a twist in the tail) but good to practice really slow work with. I do wonder how long that steel core will take to ease up hmm

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Great video, Robby! Well done, Craig! A very interesting 'experiment'! I hope I might get the chance to try it for myself one day....

'Less is often more!'

Some people don't like GreenScreen... I love it  smile

Robby

Robert, if you do get to try it, make sure you've been keeping up with your weights program. Plenty of reverse bicep curls (use an overhand grip on the dumbells so you're pulling them up rather than lifting) to beef up your forearms will be required! wink

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

I'm at work but oh I look forward to seeing this monster of a whip in action!!!

Inch by inch.

Thanks very much, Rog! Excellent advice, even without reference to the Frankenwhip!

Robby, what on earth is GreenScreen? (I feel quite lost in a sea of modern technology!)

'Less is often more!'

I'll explain it to you next time we talk, okay? It's a simple thing but it takes a lot of words  smile

Robby

Thanks, Robby!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Very nice video Robby. I really like the special effects.
It does look like a whip that is definitely not for every one.
Experiments like this one are necessary to explore the boundaries and limitations in whip making.
Good experiment Craig.

Ron

Two wrongs don't make a right, but two rights make a left.

Thank you for the review, Robby.  And thank you to everyone who watched and commented.  This was definitely an experiment on "how stiff and heavy can we really make it".  It was stiff when I boxed it up, but not quite as stiff as it showed in the video, so I think the cold did affect it.  Also, this was the first time that I rotated 180° on the second belly, making it even stiffer.

If I can't run fast, I'll make slow look impressive.
"By the power of ibuprofen!"

Robert,
GreenScreen is basically where a computer program replaces a solid color background, typically bright green, in a video or photo with a background of your choice. Such as the spooky woods or the "shimmering" blue backgrounds Robby used. 
Like this:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-oSxQao59cKE/VL0doOf6rjI/AAAAAAAAFIc/DVVy7oczXV0/s1600/example15.jpg

"I am neither especially clever nor especially gifted. I am only very, very curious."
- Albert Einstein