Topic: Donation Completed !!!

Here is the receipt for our donation. Unfortunately only my name is on the receipt because I had to open the pay-pal account in my own name, however the donation was made in the name of "Whip-Basics Community" and "Robert Amper & Community".

I was in quite a quandary deciding who to give the money to and eventually came down to three possibilities, all local to me. The reason for this was that I wanted to be able to see the physical place the donation would go to. I debated weather to give it tone of the smaller rescue groups in the area, or one of the bigger shelters. When it comes right down to it, the decision as to that was a bit arbitrary. It went to one of the larger shelters here. Which of the larger shelters however, was not arbitrary at all.

Your donations went to the Longmont Humane Society. The reason for that is that other shelters in the state, and even the country like to say that they are no-kill shelters. If you read the fine print though, what they actually say is that do not kill any "adoptable" dog. When the shelter gets too crowded, they often re-classify the dogs that have not been adopted for the longest time ans non-adoptable, then they can have them put down, but still call themselves no-kill.

One of the two local shelters here is an exception to this. Because they do not put down dogs just because they have not been adopted for too long, and because they do accept pit-bull terriers, they have a lot of dogs. Other shelters send the pit-bulls to them, then try to give them a bad name for not putting them down, and for not putting down dogs that have not been adopted for a long time.
So, I think not killing dogs is pretty important, and resisting the pressure from other groups is pretty important.

Yours,
Jonathan

Re: Donation Completed !!!

Thanks very much for this update, Jonathan. It sounds to me that you've made a very good choice. I'm also glad that you live near enough to have some idea, from personal observation, of the quality of Longmont's care of the dogs they look after.

'Less is often more!'

Excellent! Well done Jonathan, I like how you chose.   smile

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Thank you so much, Jonathan! Thanks for the time and the effort you put into that. I know that it's time consuming, but to know that we made it to donate over 500 Dollars is...amazing! In german I'd have better words to describe my feelings, but so the best I can imagine, is "amazing!"  smile

In the beginning I was hoping for 200.00/250.00 USD. In my wildest expectations it went up to 300.00 USD. But - never! - anything higher than that. And now it's over 500.00...!

Perhaps we could turn that into a regular event, every year? Perhaps would a whip maker donate a whip, we can make a lottery with all the people who donated? Future, sure. For now I'm more than happy that we made this donation campaign such a huge success!

Thank you to all who donated.
Thank you to all who donated directly to shelters in their area.

And to all those, who didn't even report into that thread... I'm not talking about not donating - I'm talking about not to post a single word - you're a disappointment.

I know that some of us are short on money. But even they made it to donate a few dollars. And in the end it's not the question who donated what. In the end it is that this community donated. And there will be some animals, who will never know your name. You will never meet them. But you - we - saved their lifes.

And now - you, who are active in other forums, too - spread the word. Tell them what we did, here! And ask them if they wouldn't like to follow us. Start own donation campaigns.

Thanks, folks. You rock!

Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

Well Johnathan,it sounds like an excellent choice to make, thank you for putting the thought I into it.

Robby, the idea of making this an annual event had already occurred to me. I'd support that whole-heartedly!

'Less is often more!'

I'm pleased to have support in this choice. Thank you all, it was not an easy decision because really, no place is perfect and most of them are doing the best they can with what they have and who they are.

Also, I just checked the pay-pal account, and the money is still in there. Also, it seems I had a brain problem when I made the donation. It should have been $517.04, not $514.04. I will go down and give them the remaining $3 in cash later today.

I am so proud of us. Truly, to be a part of such a venture is a heartwarming exercise. Jonathan, I feel you chose extremely well. Pit bulls I think, are a definite product of their environment. For the most part they get a bad rap due to a minority of owners who encourage their inbred fighting past. A true no-kill shelter is hard to find, well done!

Great news! I too, like how you chose! Some of my personal favorite dogs have been adopted pit bulls. To bundle them up as a breed and say they are dangerous and unsafe is unfair to all of the wonderful ones I have know!

By all means Robby! Why not an annual fundraiser?!

GOOD, VERY GOOD!
I am happy to see that normal everyday people like we are can make amazing things when we put our force together.
I am 100% with you Robby if you decide to make this an annual mission; every year a different foundation...sharing is carring, right?
A whip lottery? Now that is amazingly cool ;P

Enoch

Absolutely, an annual campaign!  After all, there will be needful animals next year too, right?  And a whip lottery-  Now we're talking! smile

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

I feel super. Not only did we as a community pool our resources to make something good happen without expecting anything of material value in return, but it went to a cause that's very close to my heart.

Thanks Jonathan for making an educated and wise decision. It's good to see where the money went.

Well done everyone.

Tyler Blake wrote:

Absolutely, an annual campaign!  After all, there will be needful animals next year too, right?  And a whip lottery-  Now we're talking! smile

See guys....we have the whipmaker already!
Very kind from you, Tyler, to offer your precious time and one of your amazing whip to the cause wink
*grins evilly and winks at Tyler*

Enoch

P.S.= just kidding man, even if it would be great to have one of your whip for the lottery....or maybe one from Bobby...or from Giovanni...or Jonathan...maybe Keanu?...or...or....

Enoch. I like the way you think. It's difficult isn't it? To pick one of the master craftsmen (craftpeople?) over the other? We have many truly inspiring artists within this group. That's one thing that continues to astound me about Whip Basics. I personally count Tyler, Bobbi, Robby, Jonathan, Keanu as true friends. Many others as well. Yet these folks are giants in the Nylon whip industry! It's like hanging backstage with your favorite rock group, or sitting on the sidelines of a movie set and being able to spend time with the stars of the show. What makes it better? There's no condescending attitudes. None of the 'yes, yes, I am wonderful. You may grovel a while at my feet if you so choose... now run along...' Yup, Whip Basics, it's a magical little slice of the web...

Terry
Difficult? Almost impossible, cause each (and I REALLY MEAN "each", even the other people who makes whips and i havent mentioned in my previous post) of them are unique and amazing.
I have joined WB last month cause a german man (guess who is he? wink ) inspired me and made me curious with his videos and reviews.
Since that day, i am Learning A LOT about the world of whips, whipmaking and whipcraking. And not from one teacher, but form a wonderful Group of People, who lives all over the planet and even if they speak different languages, they all have the same passion and the enthusiasm.
And you are totally right= it is awsome to be side by side to ALL these incredible persons and still have that confortable and familiar feeling, like when you relax and feel like at home. WB..Whip Basics? No Welcome (home), Baby!

Enoch