Re: Simon Martin

That is a gorgeous piece of work Simon , but if it only won third place, what the heck won first?

That really is a serious piece of art. I wonder the same as Devin, what did the two better ones look like? Were they even whips anymore?

- Pokkis

Total beauty!!!!!

"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity".               www.giovanniceleste.it

Thanks guys.  Actually I was always disappointed with the handle on this one as it was a bit crowded.  I have since learnt that on strands of 20 an above you need to cut the strands finer that what you think otherwise you get crowded very easily. 
Simon

It's not crowded at all In my opinion, Simon. It's a fantastic piece of art. It was work like this that drove my initial interest in whip-making.

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Outstanding...Thanks for posting that Terry!

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!

Wow Simon,my mind is blown!! I'd be afraid to even touch that whip you made for the Royal Easter show. 48plait makes my head hurt just thinking about it! How many hours did it require for this piece of ART?                  Thanks Robby and Terry for posting pics of these treasures.
   Simon you're in a different league and your reputation is well deserved.
                                                                                             ~Guy~

Thanks Guy.
Really there is a LOT of good plaiters in this country and as a lot are older and don't use technology you don't hear a lot about them.  However, I for one, have been inspired by a lot of their work.  Thanks for your kind word though, but I still have a lot to learn and only wish I had more time to do more of this finer work. Spent probably around 50 hours on that one. Thanks to you to Roger....must have missed your reply before sorry.

And here is the newest masterpiece out the hands of Simon. A beautiful 6ft, 20 plait x 24 plait handle stockwhip. But... See for yourself smile

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/RobertAmper/Simon%20Martin/IMAG1718_zps2eh1g1pd.jpg

http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq16/RobertAmper/Simon%20Martin/IMAG1720_zpsxrxfg5qg.jpg

Enjoy,
Robby

I have a screwdriver. I am Legend...

What can I say.... Wow Great piece of Work!!!!!
Nice whip Simon and tahnk Robby for sharing with us this great whip!!!

"Perfection has to be sought never reached. This is the only way to inspire and motivate creativity".               www.giovanniceleste.it

Just beautiful! There are even some patterns on the handle I haven't seen anywhere else.

I can't even begin to imagine how much skill and patience it takes to build something like this. The knots alone are so awesome that I would give one of my kidneys to do those.

Awesome work, Simon. As always smile

- Pokkis

Robby, this is absolutely stunning! In fact, it's so beautiful that I can't imagine daring to use it!  smile

'Less is often more!'

Just from the pictures, this is my favorite whip by Simon. Very sharp looking masterpiece. I'm sure it handles as good as it looks. Sorry to say Mr Robert but I would have to take it for a test drive.

He died for me, I'll live for him

How could you not crack something like that? 20-plait roohide probably flows like oil smile

- Pokkis

Once again, this is the kind of creation that makes me want to improve my whip making! Wonderful work, Simon

Think for yourself, act for everyone.

Thanks everyone.
Simon

Beautiful work Simon, I always wonder how people can stand to crack such beautiful work.

Beautifully done!

Oh I love this one!  So Beautiful!

That's awesome Simon!  I would find myself in the "I have to try this out" camp!

Yaprimascharif, Yahasanna Hadisany, elafinas tabachu, Dari chalemy elasin!